Mekajiki Inc. has just released it’s first commercially available storyboarding tool called Boardfish. It was originally designed as an in-house tool. I’m always looking for an easier way to organize my storyboards so this caught my attention immediately. Since it is software used internally it ships production proven, and may be a great way to put together your final layouts for review and presentation.
Boardfish’s featureset include:
- Drag and drop images to instantly create boards
- Panels can be rearranged, deleted or hidden with automatic animated reflowing
- Complete control of page size/orientation, panel layout, panel spacing, fonts, and colors
- Panel Labels for Panel Numbers and Scene/Shot Numbers
- Ability to import corporate logos for Title Page and Headers/Footers
- Custom layouts can be saved into Preset Templates
- Export to PDF or Print directly from Boardfish
Best of all, it’s only $99 and you can check it out here.