The DSLR with the biggest buzzz around it in 2017 is the anticipation for the upcoming Panasonic GH5.
Neumann Films has graciously uploaded some 4K and high speed (180fps) footage for people to edit, grade, upscale, and push around how you please. I want to mess around with it later tonight and do some ‘extreme’ grades. I’ll update the post if I can get around to it.
Recap of the GH5 Specs:
- Internal 4:2:2 – 10bit – Available April, 2017
- 6K Anamorphic Video Mode (4:3) – Available Summer, 2017
- Variable Frame Rates: Max of 180fps/23.98 in FHD
- Improved Auto Focus (0.05 sec AF, 9 FPS AF Burst)
- TypeA HDMI port
- 3.2″ Free Angle Monitor
- 4K Hybrid Log Gamma (4K HDR Video) – Available Summer, 2017
- SD Card Slot x2: UHS-II U3
- Waveform Display
- MOV, MP4 (AAC, LPCM) AVCHD Progressive
- H265 encoding 60/50p
- Weather Sealed Body, Freeze Proof down to -10C