Easily Apply Textures to Your After Effects Layers – Ray Dynamic Texture Script
Pretty good. Pretty pretty good.
This is a plugin I didn’t think would exist for After Effects, but it does and here it is. Ray Dynamic Texture is a package to assist and manage applying textures to layers within after effects. Instead of having to use track mattes, this script will manage and update everything automatically simply with a selected layer(s) and choosing the texture from the library.
You can create your own textures for the library, download others from a user database, and share with the community. Watch the video and see how it works:
It costs $39.99 and available on aescripts. I’d go ahead and say this one is priced pretty fairly for it’s capability.
- Store textures in a library “palette” including their layer settings.
- Apply textures to selected layers, Alpha Matte and Luma supported.
- Makes the Set Matte Effect usable to texture with.
- Texture Multiple objects at once.
- Build your own texture palettes.
- Add textures, effects, shapes and expressions from timeline to palette.
- Create Master controller for any property.
- Invert Mattes.
- Create excact clone of any layer.
- Replace textures with one click.
- Compact, responsive user interface