Tokina Cinema Vista 16-28mm T3.0 Mark II Lens – Improving on the Original
Tokina has redesigned their Cinema Zoom 16mm-28mm T3 lens as the Mark II. Features that come with the $4500 glass include reduced breathing, declicked 9 blade iris, and a close focus of only 28cm.
Compared to the older lens it is much more aesthetically pleasing and professional looking. If vanity is a thing to you (and as a pro it honestly should be as lame as that sounds). A wide zoom such as this is a great addition to kit, for establishing shots and exaggerating the distances between subjects. The Tokina is parfocal, meaning it will maintain focus on the subject throughout the zoom range. It is a full frame lens so that covers not only Super 35/APS-C sized sensors, but full-frame sensors.
The lens is available in PL, EF, MFT, E Mount, and F Mount with a 114mm front that takes 112mm filter threads. Learn more from Tokina here.
- Full frame super-wide 16-28mm lens
- Fast Constant T3.0 Aperture Throughout the 16mm to 28mm Zoom Range
- Virtually No Breathing
- A Focus Rotation Angle of Approximately 300 Degrees
- High Resolution – Low Distortion
- Low Chromatic Aberration
- Aspherical Elements and Super-Low Dispersion Glass Reduce Distortion and Increase Optical Performance
- Durable, All-metal Cine-Style Housing with Geared Manual Zoom, Focus and Aperture Rings for Use in Follow-Focus Systems
- Common 114mm Front Diameter for Use with a Wide Variety of Matte Boxes and Accessories