Canon EOS C200 Release Promo Short Film “From Dock to Dish” & Frame Grabs
After the announcement of Canon’s new $7499 C200 cinema camera, we get the first promo. Shot by Director Andrew Fried and DP Bryant Fisher, it shows the camera in a documentary application. Doc shooters appeared to be the target market when announced, and I think this brings it home. Check out the short and some frame grabs from the 2560 x 1350 video.
I think the camera fits nicely in the market. Other brand loyalists with will not find anything outstanding here to make the switch. Today’s cameras capture images on such a high level it is hard to stand in the market currently. Highlight rolloff looks pleasing in the mist shots, and hard to tell with the compressed upload but from what I can see the usual Canon low light quality is there.
Canon EOS C200Key Features:
- S35 CMOS Sensor recording (4096 x 2160 RAW) (3840 x 2160 H.264)
- Internal ND Filters at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 stops
- Support for Dual Pixel CMOS AF Autofocus
- Cinema Raw Light Codec (4096 x 2160) with max FPS of 50 at 10-bit, and 30 at 12-bit at 1Gbps
- MP4 H.264 Codec (3840 x 2160) 8 bit at 150Mbps
- CFast Card 1x Slot
- SD Card 2x Slots
- Approx 3.2 lbs