Zbrush 4R8 Free Upgrade Now Available & Livestream Demonstration
The latest update to the venerable ZBrush has been released. Here is a look at what existing customers will be able to upgrade to for free:
New Features Include:
- Live Boolean – Any model can be subtracted from another without concern for poly counts and immediate real time preview of the result.
- Vector Displacement Mesh – Using a referenced 3D Model as a brush to build and draw on another model’s surface.
- Gizmo 3D – new UI element that allows manipulation and transformation of sculpts that will make it easier to post models.
- Alpha 3D – Convert any sculpture or shape into a 2D alpha with the click of a button. Once the shape or sculpture has been captured, you can reposition, adjust, or even rotate the alpha to any axis.
- Lazy Mouse 2.0 – allows users to start a stroke, pause, and then continue without a break in the stroke.
- IMM Selector – A content manager for your Insert Mesh brushes
- 3D Text & Vector Shape Creator – Allows creation of 3D text from the system fonts in real time.
- Lightbox with 3D Content – Cycle through the files from previous sessions
- ZSphere DynaMesh Mode – Creation of polymesh from zSpheres will default to DynaMesh mode
- Alpha Streaks – Applies random streaks to the alpha channel allowing for brush strokes that give a thick oil paint feel
- Brush Magnify – Adjust alpha intensity via the pressure of your pen stylus
The upgrade to R8 is free for registered users of Zbrush 4.x, visit Pixologic to find out more.
Pixologic also had a livestream launch which you can view the archive of: