New Free Firmware Upgrades for Panasonic VariCam Cameras – Includes Anamorphic Desqueeze
Panasonic has announced free firmware upgrades for the VariCam 35, HS, LT, and Pure cinema cameras that includes several new features and added functions.
All VariCam series cinema cameras will receive an expanded frame rate range in High Speed mode down to 1 fps allowing capture from 1 -240p.
A necessary in any camera is the ability for Anamorphic Desqueeze. The firmware upgrades will allow for desqueeze during playback. A horizontal desqueeze of 1.3 or 2.0 is available for SDI out of VF SDI
The Varicam LT gets a new High Speed menu that allows for 240p RAW output for 2K and HD. When sent to a recorder like the Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q, you will be able to record 2K/HD crop uncompressed Cinema DNG files.
All firmware upgrades can be downloaded now at – http://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/varicam/index.html.
Additional features the firmware upgrades include:
- RDD18 (Camera metadata, including Clip name) on MON output
- INFRA mode (Wireless network setting)
- Support WM50MC (for China) and PLANEX GW-900D (For Japan)
- USER CLIP NAME TYPE3 on OSD is off as default (VariCam 35, HS & LT)
- Deleted CPS password system (VariCam 35 & HS)
- Fixed Card remain time bug of AVCLongG at 23.98p (VariCam 35, HS & LT)
- Supports Canon EF 24-105mm F4 L-series USM lens (VariCam LT only)
- Fixed Valid Frame Flag bug on RAW output (VariCam LT only)