At a Glance: Angenieux Optimo Style 48-130 T3 Cinema Zoom
Angénieux announced the fourth lens in the Optimo series at NAB this year – the Optimo Style 48-130 T3.
This lens rounds out the other 16-40 T2.8, 30-76 T2.8, and 25-250 T3.5 lightweight zoom lenses. At only 4.3 lbs it would be great for gimbal and drone applications. The image circle at 34.6mm (termed Ultra Super 35) will cover RED 8K Helium or ARRI Open Gate. The 48-130 has no ramping, minimal breathing, and the optical quality associated with Angénieux. Barrel rotation is 320 degrees and standard .8M gears on the 3 FIZ rings.
It is also compatible with Optima 1.4 and 2x extenders. So a 1.4x will get you 67-182 T4.2, and the 2x will get you 96-260 at T6. The Angenieux Optimo Style 48-130 comes in PL mount and also has interchangeable Pana and Canon EF mounts available. Check out Abel’s overview:
- 2.7x zoom range with a telephoto position of 130mm in an extremely compact form factor
- Constant aperture T3 throughout the entire zoom range
- Enhanced image circle to Ultra S35 up to 34.6mm. Fully covers RED 8K Helium sensor
- Compact and very light (1.95kg / 4.3lbs). Ideal for handheld, Steadicam, compact gimbals, remote heads, drones.
- Superb image quality with minimal aberration
- Color reproduction matches the highly acclaimed Optimo lens series
- Extremely well controlled distortion
- Internal focus, minimal breathing
- Precise and ergonomic focus ring with scale rotation of 320 degrees with over 20 precise focus witness marks
- Compatible Angénieux Servo Unit (integrated motors for FTZ remote control through industry standard control systems)
- Compatible with Optimo 1.4x and 2x extenders ( 67-182mm at T4.2 with 1.4x, 96-260mm at T6 with 2x)
- Precise and rugged travelling of the zoom and focus groups using Angeneiux classic rod mechanical guiding system
- Suited for extreme production environment ( temperature range from -20°C to +45°C)
- Available in PL mount. Easily interchangeable to Panavision PV, Canon EF mounts